Monday 26 December 2011

Deck the Halls


My 2000AD forum advent calendar submission for 2011. The advent calendar is organised by that fine chap Pete Wells (check out his awesome 2000AD Covers Uncovered blog). Every day in December members of the forum post a Christmas themed drawing, photo, poem, song or whatever they feel like. I use the calendar as an opportunity to produce a page or two of comic art which is always tricky in the busy Xmas period. I couldn't submit this year's piece due to unforeseen circumstances so I managed to post these pages early on Christmas day so kind of missed the boat – I don't think many people got to see it. Kind of bit off more than I could chew as there were many difficult things I had to draw – these efforts give me the greatest respect for those who produce comics for a living. I spent ages planning this and had to finish it in a rush. By the way, Zombo is a character from 2000AD who is a gentleman zombie created by Henry Flint and Al Ewing. Do check out the hilarious Zombo graphic novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment